Legal Question in Family Law in Colorado

I want to move out of state I have to kids one is 14 and the other one 12 I have share custody 50/50 . should I tell their dad my plans or should I wait until I'm already raft to move on to our new home. I went to court about relocations before and they didn't allow me to do it since I didn't have a house or anything I. Place already. Should I do the opposite now? Before I tried to get permission by the court before sailing my house and buying a new one in the new state. Should I sale my house buy a new one in the state I want to move to and than tell him? Thank you

Asked on 8/03/16, 2:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stephen Harkess Colorado Legal Solutions

Can you afford to sell the new house at a loss and move back right away when the judge orders you to do so? If not, your plan is bad. Don't assume that a judge will not order you to return to Colorado with the children just because you have - without seeking permission - already taken steps which would make such a move very expensive for you. If the children's father objects to your move the judge most certainly can order you to move back to Colorado regardless of the cost.

Read more
Answered on 8/03/16, 3:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Colorado