Legal Question in Personal Injury in Colorado

my daughter was ran over by her grandmother,grandma was in her driveway backing out ,when she ran over my daughter! my daughter has since had sudgery and had too have two screws put in her ankle.what rights does my daughter have

Asked on 11/03/13, 8:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Chalat Chalat Hatten Koupal & Banker PC

Your daughter may have the right to make a claim against grandmother's auto insurance, for medical expenses and for pain, suffering and permanent impairment. It will depend on whether your daughter lives in the same household as grandmother. Under Colorado law, your daughter may have a right to collect on both the liability side of grandmother's auto policy, and if daughter's injuries are severe, on the UIM or underinsured motorist side as well. Further if grandmother's auto policy had a specific medical payments provision, that element of the policy may also be open to your daughter.

If you have further questions you can contact me, Jim Chalat, at CHALAT HATTEN KOUPAL & BANKER PC, in Denver at 303.861.1042. [email protected] I am a board certified civil trial lawyer and have been listed in the 2014 edition of Best Lawyers of America. We have had extensive experience in auto/pedestrian cases involving children.

All matters set out herein are opinions only, and not legal advice on which you should rely as every case is fact-driven and the law, and available insurance in the case will drive the ultimate outcome.


Read more
Answered on 11/03/13, 11:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Colorado