Legal Question in Personal Injury in Colorado

My mother is handicap and recently had her vehicle struck by a farm tractor on private property where she lives and the person never told her. I found out who did it by witnesses and insisted a police report be filed. She filed a police report and about a week later the responsable party contacted my mother. He admitts to hitting the vehicle and even made arrangements for the repair. The question is the person who he suggested is not a reputable repair center, does not do good work and is a friend of his. Do I have the legal right to take the vehicle to the repair shop of my choice given a three estimate plane and using the cheapest of the three. This is in the state of colorado. thanks for your time.

Asked on 11/17/11, 3:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stephen McWhirter Chalat Hatten & Koupal PC

In my opinion, your mother will be best served by contacting her own insurance company. I would not agree to using a repair center I did not trust, and she is under no obligation to the person who hit her vehicle to do so. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 11/18/11, 9:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Colorado