Legal Question in Business Law in Connecticut


I wish to form an llc business in Wyoming even though I live in Conneticut. I am selling goods on the Amazon marketplace and my goods are stored in Amazon warehouses across the country. Would I be able to from a domestic (in-state) llc in wyoming even if I am operating the online business on my computer which is in CT? I may also open a business banking account in CT.

Thank you

Asked on 10/22/15, 9:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Roman Fichman Esq. Law Practice of Roman Fichman Esq.

Generally speaking since you operate in CT you and need a CT bank account, you will need to register in CT as a foreign LLC and of course you will need to file taxes in CT as well as in the LLC's home state.

If you are using an incorporation service that is promoting Wyoming as a good LLC home state beware of the implications and additional costs. I highly recommend that you use an attorney and not an incorporation service. The few hundred dollars you may be saving will likely cost much more down the road...

If you need assistant in incorporation please contact me directly.

Roman R. Fichman, Esq. │ @TheLegalist

email: Info (@) TheLegalists (dot) com

t e l : 2 1 2 -- 3 3 7 -- 9 8 3 7

Disclaimer: This post has been written for educational purposes only and was not meant to be legal advice and should not be construed as legal advice or be relied upon. No intention exists to create an attorney-client relationship or any other special relationship or privilege through this post. The post may contain errors, inaccuracies and/or omissions. You should always consult an attorney admitted to practice in your jurisdiction for specific advice. This post may be deemed as Attorney Advertising.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE: To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any matters addressed herein.

Read more
Answered on 10/23/15, 8:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Connecticut