Legal Question in Consumer Law in Connecticut

I received my CT tax refund check made out to myself and "estate of my late wife". How should I sign it?

Asked on 7/09/18, 7:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Max Rosenberg Rosenberg, Miller, Hite & Morilla, LLC

I think you can also ask this question of a CPA but you should sign as yourself and if you are the administrator/ executor of her estate, you can sign on behalf of the estate as well. If her estate has not been properly probated, you may need to bring a short-form probate estate through the court to become the appointed administrator. If we can offer you any assistance, please feel free to contact us. We handle these types of matters regularly.

Read more
Answered on 7/13/18, 8:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Connecticut