Legal Question in Elder Law in Connecticut

If my mother sells her house in Florida and moves to Connecticut and my father will be going in a nursing home will the state of CT take her money from the sale of the house?

Asked on 9/12/14, 8:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Linda Subbloie Linda A. Subbloie, Esq.

You really need to meet with an attorney well versed in medicaid law. There is a 5 year window in which any transfers can be voided, however, spouses are entitled to keep their homes and a certain amount of their assets. I do not know how that applies to your particular situation so a visit to an elder law attorney is necessary.

Read more
Answered on 9/14/14, 5:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Connecticut