Legal Question in Family Law in Connecticut

I am still on the deed of my home, but not on the mortgage and i am divorced now, and my ex is letting it foreclose, but proceedings haven't even started even thought it is $24,000 behind in payments, my ex has exclusive possession of the house and has threatened tresspassing on me if i ever go near it, even though my name is still on the deed, the house is vacant and he took all he wanted from it, i have a pool filter system still there that someone would like to buy and my ex owes me money for our children's baseball expenses that he will not pay even though it is 50/50 in the agreement, can i get into any trouble telling this person to go take it or could he?

Asked on 5/15/13, 6:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Linda Subbloie Linda A. Subbloie, Esq.

What does your final decree say? Did he get the house in the divorce? If so, you can not take the pool filter system unless it was awarded to you in the divorce. If it was, you would have to file a motion with the court to force him to give it to you.

Read more
Answered on 5/15/13, 8:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Connecticut