Legal Question in Family Law in Connecticut

We have shared custody, but I have primary residence. My ex wife just made a motion for modifcation to the custody agreement and made a motion to transfer the case to the next county over (where we both reside). She hada long family relations study done and the family relations person thought it would be best for the kids to stay with me. This is the reason that she wants to transfer, but she won't admit it. She wants a "new family relations" division to look at this. Is there any basis in her case if the court in the other county has put so much into this case already? So went and got a lawyer in our new county and is pushing to have the courts changed.

Asked on 1/07/11, 10:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bonnie Lee MacDonald Law Office of Bonnie Lee MacDonald

The mother will have to show a material change of circumstance and that a change of custody is in the best interest of the children. If you can show she is without grounds for a modification, you might be awarded attorney fees.

Read more
Answered on 1/12/11, 2:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Connecticut