Legal Question in Family Law in Connecticut

I have a three year old beautiful little girl! Her father and I have always been seperate - I am the custodial & primary physical guardian & unfortunately we share joint legal custody. I make good money & my fiancÚ also makes good money - we would like to move down south to invest in real estate & build lives down there ( both of our parents recently passed away in the small town we live in) I believe this will be a good move for us as a family as wel as for my daughter Individualy because we will be able to provide her with a home and much more down there than I ever could up here ( I live in Fairfield ct. Ct) her father will indefinitely fight me, but I absolutely cannot picture raising my daughter in this area morally, financially, or emotionally. What are some contributing factors that will allow us to move? How fast can it be accomplished? What should I do to prepare for this?

Asked on 5/23/13, 6:56 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Linda Subbloie Linda A. Subbloie, Esq.

Relocation cases are very difficult. Your questions can not be legitimately answered on here without a lot more facts. From what I see so far, you could be denied an order of relocation, but, as I said, I would need a lot more information.

Read more
Answered on 5/23/13, 7:02 pm

Nicholas Adamucci ADAMUCCI, LLC

Honestly, you would need to provide much more information because your type of case really depends on the facts. Basically, if the father does not agree to the relocation, then it could take many months for the issue to be resolved by a court. It is difficult explaining the entire process with limited information on this forum. Therefore, if you would like to contact me to discuss your case, you may do so. Rest assured that there is a process for relocation, but it is not always the easiest.

Read more
Answered on 5/24/13, 6:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Connecticut