Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Connecticut

Do I have to give notice to move out of my apartment in connecticut? Or can I just move out when my lease expires?

Asked on 2/05/15, 1:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Heffernan Heffernan Legal Group, LLP

You can just move out, but if you want to get your security deposit back, you should notify the landlord to schedule a walk-through inspection. In any event, be sure to take lots of photos of every room, kitchen, stove refrigerator, bathroom, etc. so there will be no question regarding damages. The landlord has to return the deposit (less any legitimate claim for damages) within 30 days of your notifying him in writing of your new address.

Read more
Answered on 2/06/15, 7:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Connecticut