Legal Question in Consumer Law in Delaware

We bought hard wood flooring for the entire house from Lowe's. They were also installed by lowes for approximately $8000.00 dollars. The floor are beautiful, however, they started to separate. The installer advise me that it is the wood, the wood was not Treated correctly. It has been three month's and Lowes has informed me that they also feel that it is the wood and that they have been attempting to contact the manufacturer. My question is if I bought the wood and installation from lowes why must we wait for our floors to be repaired or replaced?

Asked on 4/26/12, 6:24 pm

2 Answer from Attorneys

Brian F. Funk, Esq. Frederick K. Funk, LLP

You do not need to wait. You could go file a claim in the Justice of the Peace Court, but you will need to bring a wood-flooring expert to the trial to prove your case at trial. I recommend that you retain an attorney, but theorectically, you can prosecute the case yourself in this civil court.

Read more
Answered on 4/27/12, 3:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Delaware