Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Delaware

unpaid services

A company hires an individual (not incorporated) to build cabinets and then fails to pay them. ($800.00)After repeated attempts at contacting the company and requesting payment, is this something that a small claim can be filed against the company?

Asked on 8/18/01, 1:35 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony DeWitt Bartimus, Frickleton Robertson & Gorny, PC

Re: unpaid services

Yes. Contact the clerk in your county courthouse. Most have a checklist of forms to use for suing in Small Claims Court. Nolo Press has some good books on this subject that might be helpful.

Read more
Answered on 8/20/01, 1:31 pm
Bruce W. McCullough Bodell, Bove', Grace & Van Horn. P.C.

Re: unpaid services

You can file a lawsuit yourself without an attorney in Justice of the Peace Court. These small claims courts are located throughout Delaware. You can find one near you by looking up the addresses and phone numbers in the blue pages in the phone book in the State Government section under Justice of the Peace Court.

Read more
Answered on 8/22/01, 11:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Delaware