Legal Question in Immigration Law in Delaware

Hello .I submitted I 751 few months ago and I'm still waiting for my permanent green card .my husband left me with no support we are married since 2013 and we have one son .what should I do? Should I apply for legal separation ?? My husband will never show up if they call me for interview .please help me thank you what should I do ???

Asked on 11/15/16, 6:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

If you & your spouse filed the I-751 jointly, you won't be called in for an interview. However, it may take 6 mos or more (from the date of filing) until the I-751 is adjudicated.

If there for some reason is an interview, it will only be for a waiver of the joint filing requirement.

I suggest you also speak with a family law attorney regarding divorce, spousal support & child support.

If you are required to file a waiver of the joint filing requirement, I highly recommend that you hire an experienced Immigration Attorney to represent you.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 11/16/16, 8:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Delaware