Legal Question in Tax Law in Delaware

I have a LLC in Delaware. I have used a foreign address ( Sri Lankan Address) for my llc. I am living in Sri Lanka ( Foreign Country ). If My LLC earning money in usa , should i pay tax individually by using a ITIN number to the usa and also should pay tax from my llc too?

Asked on 7/25/23, 11:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Roman Fichman Esq. Law Practice of Roman Fichman Esq.

Generally speaking, assuming you are a one member LLC or you chose the default LLC partnership tax treatment then there is no taxation on the LLC level. Instead all profits and losses will flow to you on a personal level. The accountant you choose to file taxes may either file tax returns for both the LLC and then for you or may just file a tax return for you and include the LLC's profits and losses on schedule C.

And you are correct that the tax return would have to be done using your ITIN. Also note that you may have an obligation to withhold a portion of your estimated earnings. If you have any legal questions about the LLC or if you need a recommendation for an accountant please contact me directly.

Roman R. Fichman, Esq. │ @TheLegalist

email: Info (@) TheLegalist (dot) com

Disclaimer: This post has been written for educational purposes only and was not meant to be legal advice and should not be construed as legal advice or be relied upon. No intention exists to create an attorney-client relationship or any other special relationship or privilege through this post. The post may contain errors, inaccuracies and/or omissions. You should always consult an attorney admitted to practice in your jurisdiction for specific advice. This post may be deemed as Attorney Advertising.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE: To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any matters addressed herein.

Read more
Answered on 7/26/23, 4:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Delaware