Legal Question in Family Law in District of Columbia

In the district of columbia in 1999 i and husband divorced i stupidly signed over house. he said he definitely retire at 53 when he was vested. that was the only thing i took from divorce because i wanted daughter to go to good college. not going to happen he has new family. i want to go back to him and say that since he will not retire in near future. i want half of the house that he is not living in and not renting. i never signed over the title to him -- but it is in our divorce agreement. i think he doesn't ask me because he feels guilty. i think i could get him to do it but need help coaching a strategy and preparing a list to present him with.

Asked on 3/07/10, 9:04 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

If you're still on the title, then you still own an undivided half interest in the house. Perhaps, you can use his alleged breach of his oral promise(s) in order to leverage a revision of whatever you may have agreed to in the divorce with respect to this issue.

Read more
Answered on 3/12/10, 9:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in District of Columbia