Legal Question in Employment Law in District of Columbia

I had previously worked at a charter school in Washington, DC. There license was revoked. Therefore, June 30, 2015 was the last day of business operation. They told employees, they would not pay employees annual leave because they do not have the funds. Is there any way I can receive my annual leave?

Asked on 8/05/15, 8:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sean Hanover Hanover Law

Great question! You would need to sue them for the money. If they have not claimed bankruptcy, then you should be able to demand payment. Employment wages (of which leave is a part) take priority over almost every other type of debt.

If you need help with this, or further information on employment law, give us a ring! You can reach us at 703-402-2723 or [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 8/05/15, 8:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in District of Columbia