Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Florida

automobile purchase

i paid in full and have a receipt from a lady for a truck i bought from her. I did not pick it up as i was driving my vehicle. I went to get it today but she had called and said she sold it for more.

Asked on 3/27/09, 12:38 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Stuart M. Address Law Offices of Stuart M. Address, P.A.

Re: automobile purchase

Based upon your facts, it appears that the seller breached the contract with you. First, you should get your money back from her. Second, you would be entitled to purchase an equivalent vehicle (year, model, mileage, condition, etc.) or as close as you can get, and then sue her for any higher price you had to pay from the deal you had agreed upon with her. Depending on the amount, you may be able to sue in small claims court and simply get a consult or two with an attorney rather than actually hiring one to do it for you. If you would like further information, please contact my office.

Read more
Answered on 3/27/09, 1:11 pm

Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

Re: automobile purchase

The sale is improper. You have the right to sue for the value of the truck or what she sold it for, whichever is greater, plus interest.

Read more
Answered on 3/28/09, 7:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Florida