Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

If I am the main co-signer on a car and the pther party defaulted on payments and the car was repossessed, is there anything that I can do to ensure that she pays off the balance on the car? It has already affected my credit what can I do to get that taken off as well? Thanks in advance.

Asked on 4/05/11, 12:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Leon Ferraez Ferraez, LLC

Unfortunately you probably cannot 'force' 'her' to pay the loan in full. To clear your credit, you would have to pay the loan; but have 'her' sign a promissory note to you with some form of collateral.

Read more
Answered on 4/05/11, 12:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida