Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in Florida

my brother was put away by my father he is mental,the only way we could get him away from the house was a stalking charge,as soon as he went in front of the judge,he said he is incompitant.he cant take care of himself,he was put in a mental hospital in florida,before he went away he was getting ssi my father was his payee,my father told ssi he doesnt live here,for 5 years,my brother was there seeking help,he got out we thought he had money in the bank,meanwhile my father died and my mother is to old to help him,i am now his representive payee,i got his ssi back went to social security,they said he was in prison so they stopped paying him,I brought proof to them several times showed them the judge dismissed all charges and he was seeking help,in a hospital for five years,they told me they owe my brother 59k for back pay,i also helped my brother get his medicade back so he has something,im 43 years old i want to get him his own place,but there was no money saved,am i and him intittled to this money,or should i let this matter go,i dont want a 56 year old man living with me and my wife,and i cant afford to pay for his place and fead him,can u please respond to my [email protected]

Asked on 9/09/09, 9:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in Florida