Legal Question in Business Law in Florida

How do I find out about getting all approvals, certifications, licenses, anything necessary to start a language school in Florida?

Asked on 2/04/12, 3:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

I know of no book that contains everything. I can give you some direction.

1) You need to determine the form of organization for your business (corporation (C or S), LLC, Partnership, etc.). Then have it formed.

2) Where you will locate the business will dictate what local land use laws will require.

3) Business licenses are issued by the County and City. Sales Tax Licenses are from the State. Tax ID # can be issued on the internet.

4) Accreditation is another thing. I am not aware that you are required to get it, but it is possible (for which research would be required). However, you may want it just to boost the credibility of the business.

5) You are going to need a CPA to deal with accounting/tax matters. If you want to try to do it without one, which I wouldn't recommend, I recommend you purchase QuickBooks to give you some ability to keep the books. You may want QuickBooks even if you do use a CPA.

Hope this helps. If I can help further, let me know.

Read more
Answered on 2/04/12, 4:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Florida