Legal Question in Consumer Law in Florida

my son bought a used car and put down $2500 and financed the rest. He was supposed to pay each week and due to financial problems was behind a few weeks. They repossessed his car and said he would have to pay the balance of $7,000 before he could get his car. He requested copies of his finance agreement and they won't give it to him. What is his recourse.

Asked on 12/30/09, 6:25 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

You mean he did not keep a copy? He would need to request a copy of the contract in writing and he can sure for repossession.

Read more
Answered on 1/04/10, 7:19 pm
Angelo Marino Angelo Marino Jr. PA

You need to deterrmine if this was a buy here pay here sale v a traditional finance agreement. There are different rights to each kind of case. I suggest you see a consumer lawyer in your area. For a consumer lawyer in your area, go to

Want to know the law? Sign up for our free newsletter on varies areas of the law by sending an email to [email protected] and requesting the newsletter, or go to

Read more
Answered on 1/05/10, 6:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Florida