Legal Question in Consumer Law in Florida

What type of lawyer do I need?

I applied for a loan to go to school at Clearwater academy in December of 2006, I cancelled the loan request because I wasnt going to attend the school. However Clearwater Aviation collected the loan money, and is giving me the run around and is wasting my time and money by not helping me solve the debt that is said I owe. Which I dont, because I never attended school there. I spoke with the president several times to clear this matter, however he wont give me anything in writing stating that he has paid back my student loan. I have had people from the News contact the school, the bank, yet he still will not pay the money back to the school. The president/owner of this school cashed the check knowing I wasnt going to go to school there. I need to know what type of attorney I need to hire, Its not small claims because the amount is $43,500.00.

Asked on 5/01/08, 11:31 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Johm Smith tom's

Re: What type of lawyer do I need?

I could write a demand letter to scare them, but otherwise you can report them to the government agencies that license them, the loan company, the local DA and anyone else you can think of. You need an attorney who can and will sue them, but of course that costs money so you'll need to talk with them about the fee and whether they can seek recovery of your costs, which appears like it might be possible but I'd need to check to be certain.

Read more
Answered on 5/02/08, 12:26 am
Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

Re: What type of lawyer do I need?

You need a basic civil trial lawyer that has some experience in breach of contract cases.

Read more
Answered on 5/02/08, 8:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Florida