Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Florida

I just did a background check on myself just out of curiosity and found that I have a lien or judgement against me from 2005. I have never been contacted about anything previously. I was living in Florida at the time but I have moved a few times due to my being in the military. How can I find out any information on this or what it is about and how can I resolve it? Thank you for your time.

Asked on 5/17/13, 7:30 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Contact the Court Clerk and obtain copies of the court file. If it is in error, make written motion in court to vacate for lack of service of process. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/18/13, 1:21 am

Angelo Marino Angelo Marino Jr. PA

I agree with the above. There are also companies that will obtain this information for you for a fee. Look under "court filings and records" for such services.

Read more
Answered on 5/18/13, 6:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Florida