Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Florida

I moved from Pennsylvania to Florida to begin a relationship with a man who was getting out of a work release program. I loaned him around 25 thousand dollars and we live together for 2 and a half years . Now he has a successful career as a legal assistant making very good money and he wants to leave me. He told me we would be married within a year of getting together. He has only paid me back $5000 . What can I do to recoup some of the money ?

Asked on 8/22/17, 4:48 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Do you have anything in writing about your agreement? If not, you may have a case for estoppel to recoup the money. I recommend you consult with a contracts attorney immediately. Also keep tabs on where he lives so you can locate him if you need to file a case against him.

Read more
Answered on 8/22/17, 4:53 pm
Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

anything in writing? If not DTMFA

Read more
Answered on 8/22/17, 6:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Florida