Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Florida

my strep sister borrowed 300 dollars and and then stole 400 dollars from me in the middle of 08' she has been stringing me along promising to pay when taxes, settlements, divorces and other things comes her way but now that all those things have come and gone she refuses to pay.

i kept a record of it al and asked her sign it stating that she owes me and will repay it all.

and so i scanned it onto my computer and gave her the original copy as i was told to. now since she destroyed the orginal i have the scanned copy from the computer now i have to sue her in small claims court will the judge accept the copy i have of the original. or not?

it cost's 225.00 to submitt it the court house and and if he wont take it then i will have lost the 225.00

what can i do?

Asked on 1/13/11, 2:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Angelo Marino Angelo Marino Jr. PA

There is a provision that copies of doucments are allowed if the originals are lost. See Florida Statute 90.953.

Read more
Answered on 1/21/11, 12:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Florida