Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

I got a DUI and I am now on probation. I got caught driving with a suspended license and obstructing and officer. Should I hire a lawyer to come to court with me or public defender?

Asked on 7/12/13, 9:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

You are very likely facing some jail time as most counties want jail time for a driving on a suspended license charge, if the basis of the suspension was a DUI. Furthermore, you are now facing a violation of probation IN ADDITION to the other charges. If you can hire an attorney do so, which also means that you are not eligible for a public defender. Only those that are eligible for a public defender, can get the public defender. Also, what many people don't know is that public defender fees are often imposed as a condition of probation. Nothing good in life is free, so spend some money on a good attorney.

Read more
Answered on 7/12/13, 4:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida