Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

An employee was convicted of embezzling over $100,000. in 1996 in Florida. She was ordered to pay me back at $100 per month. She is on probation for 30 years and pays the $100 monthly. Is there a way to collect the money now?

Asked on 5/02/13, 3:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

You might be able to get the other party to a lower settlement amount. However, I must say that the fact she has paid consistently for 17 years is a pretty amazing thing, because I imagine about 95% of people would not be able to do that without violating their probation. Other than a a settlement since the judge ordered that specific amount, there's little you can do now.

Read more
Answered on 5/02/13, 4:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida