Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

How to i expunge a case(s) from my background? case shows as nolle pros-comp pti (distroyed) and another case as nolle pross showing (discharged) currently on the record center. is it possible to expunge both?

tks in advance

Asked on 6/07/11, 12:29 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Amir Ladan The Ladan Law Firm, P.A.

While the statutes do not require that you retain a lawyer to represent you, it is my recommendation that you hire an attorney that is proficient with criminal law practices and procedures to assist you in this regard. The process is not complicated for those that regularly handle these matters. That being said, going it alone may cause you delays or worse yet, result in a denial of your petition if you donít follow the procedures as required.

Florida law provides that you can seal or expunge one criminal offense from your record in your lifetime. Therefore, if you have multiple offenses that arose out of the same criminal conduct, you can petition to have them all expunged. However, if you have two or more offenses that arose out of separate criminal episodes, you'll have to pick one to expunge. You may also find legal counsel beneficial in assessing which charge(s) to address with your petition.

Read more
Answered on 6/07/11, 12:50 pm

Karen Kilpatrick

Hi - if two separate cases, then you can only expunge one. You will be able to expunge one of your cases so long as you've never sealed or expunged a record before, aren't currently under court supervision, and have no prior convictions on your record. You will have to obtain a Certificate of Eligibility from the FDLE, then petition the court. If you need further guidance, please feel free to visit my site at at

Read more
Answered on 6/07/11, 6:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida