Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

Am I able, as a friend of the defendant, to file a motion for bond reduction and a bond for an FTA and to get him a conflict attorney assigned to him, because the man who wrote a statement against him was just arrested on the same charges and is assigned the same public defender?

Asked on 8/01/19, 6:35 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

Unless you're an attorney you can't file it. However, the public defender will usually withdraw anyway and a conflict attorney will be appointed.

Read more
Answered on 8/01/19, 8:48 am
Eric Trabin The Trabin Law Firm

No, you cannot. First, because there already is an attorney of record on the case, anything you file will be a nullity. Second, unless you are a licensed attorney, filing such a motion may be considered the unlicensed practice of law. Third, a conflict counsel will be appointed in order to ensure that both people receive appropriate representation.

Read more
Answered on 8/01/19, 10:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida