Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

Hello, I'm hopping you can provide me with some help. I opened a credit card on my cousins name because of my gambling problem which I got help for it and thank god I'm good on that side. I didn't tell my cousin that I did it and he filed a police report and called the card issuer. Now my cousin knows and he wants to help so I don't get taken in for it and I have agreed to pay the card charges. My question is can my cousin call the cards issuer or the police to drop the case? Will that work or there's other steps to be taken? Thank you

Asked on 11/06/13, 4:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joseph Justice The Justice Law Firm

Technically the victim is the state and not your cousin so they can pursue charges without his consent. However, if your cousin isn't pushing it and the card is paid for the state may not bother pursuing it.

Read more
Answered on 11/06/13, 4:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida