Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

I am a resident of Florida. Got arrested and charged for a violation while visiting Pennsylvania. If I were to get probation, how would that be served as far as jurisdiction?

Asked on 7/16/13, 10:44 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Joseph Justice The Justice Law Firm

You are subject to PA for the offense so you may want to ask this question of a PA lawyer. If it were the reverse I can tell you that Florida can permit you to be supervised in another state or in some cases report by mail depending on the severity of the offense.

Read more
Answered on 7/16/13, 10:47 am

Nicholas Dorsten Blake & Dorsten, P.A.

A Pennsylvania lawyer will best be able to answer the question however transferring probation to Florida may be possible.

Good luck,

Read more
Answered on 7/16/13, 10:49 am
Natalie Hall The Law Office of Natalie D. Hall, P.A.

Pennsylvania laws and local rules of the actual county in which you were arrested would govern whether you are able to get probation and whether that probation could be transferred.

Read more
Answered on 7/16/13, 11:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida