Legal Question in Elder Law in Florida

Can the executor of a will of a Florida resident reside in Wisconsin?

Asked on 7/28/14, 11:25 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

According to Florida Statutes:

733.304 Nonresidents.A person who is not domiciled in the state cannot qualify as personal representative unless the person is:

(1) A legally adopted child or adoptive parent of the decedent;

(2) Related by lineal consanguinity to the decedent;

(3) A spouse or a brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, or niece of the decedent, or someone related by lineal consanguinity to any such person; or

(4) The spouse of a person otherwise qualified under this section.

If the nonresident is eligible (meets one of the 4 criteria above), a Florida attorney will be required to handle the probate.

Read more
Answered on 7/28/14, 11:33 am
Joseph Pippen Law Office of Joseph Pippen & Associates

Yes-if they are related as explained in the previous answer.

Read more
Answered on 7/28/14, 3:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Florida