Legal Question in Elder Law in Florida

My mother-in-law has alzheimers. We are trying to get her into a nursing home but she has no money so we need to get her on medicaid. They are requesting her marriage license. We cannot find it and she doesn't remember where or when she got married. All of her family except her two sons are deceased. We know her husbands name but she never discussed where and when she was married with the sons and we don't know where to look for a marriage certificate. We tried the places on the internet and paid money but they didn't have the info. Is there anyplace we can go to find her marriage certificate? She is 92 years old.

Asked on 12/18/12, 3:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

If she ever filed taxes perhaps you could request her records from whatever year she was married. Secondly, have you looked in all her papers and in the bible. If one of her children has passed, try to locate the funeral home that held the service - normally the parents names are listed in the news papers of that county signifying survived by or predeceased father .....

Read more
Answered on 12/19/12, 8:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Florida