Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I am 16 a lady that isn't related to me has power of attorney over me, I want to live with my grandparents can I appeal the power of attorney or just stay at my grandparents ?

Asked on 7/12/15, 11:05 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

You are too young to have a power of attorney over you so therefore this must be a guardianship of some sort. If you have been living with your grandparents I see no reason why someone else would have a guardianship over you. You can have the court dismiss the guardianship if you are emancipated or there is some concern that the guardian has taken advantage of you and your income/property.

Read more
Answered on 7/12/15, 11:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida