Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

are certified copies good enough?

Can i use a certified copy of a stipulation agreement to take back custody of a kidnapped child,or of a child{14yrs},from her fathers house, which she refuses to leave When the childs primary residence is with me the mother?

Asked on 8/20/07, 10:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott R. Jay Law Offices of Scott R. Jay

Re: are certified copies good enough?

NOTE: This communication is not intended as and should not be interpreted as legal advice. Rather, it is intended solely as a general discussion of legal principles. You should not rely on or take action based on this communication without first presenting ALL relevant details to a competent attorney in your jurisdiction and then receiving the attorney's individualized advice for you. By reading the "Response" to your question or comment, you agree that the opinion expressed is not intended to, nor does it, create any attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. If you do not agree, then stop right here, and do not read any further.

Certified copies have the same value as the original. You would need to consult a local attorney who can review your documents to make sure your actions are proper. Alternatively, you can speak with the local police and see if they can assist you in getting your child.

Failing such, you will have to go to court to regain your child. You cannot go and physically remove the child from her father's residence. If you do, you may end up getting arrested.

Scott R. Jay, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 8/20/07, 11:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida