Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

When a couple is going through a divorce, is the husband free to change beneficiaries from his wife to his children or to cancel the policy and take out a new policy with the children as beneficiaries?

Asked on 6/01/15, 2:09 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

absolutely not. There should be a Standing Family Law Order issued with each divorce case that states everything must remain the same on the date of Petition and therefore no changes until the date of divorce.

Read more
Answered on 6/01/15, 3:32 pm
John Smitten Carey and Leisure

Agree with counsel, while the case is pending he cannot do that. That is contempt of court.

Read more
Answered on 6/02/15, 2:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida