Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

My daughters father has been absent from her life for 6 years (his choice) and now that she has some sense he filed for visitation. He plans to gain full custody of her once she is comfortable with him. I am a stay at home mom but I live with my parents. I am currently married to an ex-con (not drugs,sex,abuse related) and I have another child with him. We come from a great Christian family and my parents are financially stable. Is my daughters father able to gain full custody of my daughter if he makes more money than I do and mentions my current husband is a ex-con?

Asked on 5/25/13, 3:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

He is entitled to have contact with his kid. If he has not been involved for 6 years then highly unlikely he will win full custody

Read more
Answered on 5/25/13, 3:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida