Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

i am trying to see about getting a divorce, even though we live in different states

Asked on 6/27/13, 9:42 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Natalie Hall The Law Office of Natalie D. Hall, P.A.

This is possible. If you meet the residency requirement for filing a divorce in Florida (6 months) then you may be able to file in the county where you are residing. However other factors may be important in determining where you should file. If you have minor children in common, Florida may not have jurisdiction (legal authority to act or render orders) over the children. If this is the case, filing in the State where your wife resides is the better option.

Since these are legal analyses based on specific facts it may be worth your while to consult with a local family law attorney who could ask more specific questions and point you in the right direction.

Read more
Answered on 6/28/13, 8:22 am

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

If you live here for 6 months then you can file here in FL.

Read more
Answered on 6/28/13, 1:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida