Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Domestication of Decree

Divorced mother and father of minor now reside (separately but locally) in Florida for last 2 years. ''Joint legal care, custody and control with mother having residential custody subject to reasonable visitation as outlined...'' Divorce decree from Kansas 12 years ago. Custody / visitation / movement (but not back to Kansas) issues now brewing. No legal activity in Florida or Kansas since divorce decree. Question: Is it necessary and/or wise to ''Domesticate'' the decreee in the FL court system? Can it be filed without the other's knowledge. Can it be done without lawyers ie; a ''simple'' filing, if there is such a thing? Thank you.

Asked on 8/31/04, 7:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Re: Domestication of Decree


3.Yes, but is technical.

Read more
Answered on 9/01/04, 2:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida