Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Can my estranged husband take my son away?

Child support has not served my estranged husband because he travels. I'm told he's planning to come to my house on Thursday to take my son out of town for the weekend. Since he hasn't seen him in 17 months, why does he want to see him now? What if he takes him and runs. Will I lose my child? Does he have a legal right to come and get him? For 17 months I've been the custodial parent 100%. Husband has not sent any money or been in contact by any form. I cannot afford a divorce, scared that if I allow my child to go, I will never see him again. Does my husband have a right to this child? Husband has not contacted me concerning this matter, don't I have a say??? Please inform me of the laws regarding a matter of this nature.

Asked on 11/02/04, 11:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Moses Williams Moses E. Williams, Attorney at Law

Re: Can my estranged husband take my son away?

I understand that you can not afford a divorce case. Can you afford a child custody case? If not, I suggest you contact the Florida Bar Lawyer Referral Service at 1-800-342-8011 or 1-800-342-8060 extension 5844.

Read more
Answered on 11/03/04, 8:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida