Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

This is for a friend

He wants to leave his girlfriend but they had a daughter together and he dosnt want to leave the baby is there any way he could take the baby or could she call the police on him to give her back I dont no how this works any info would be helpful

Asked on 5/23/11, 12:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cary Levinson Levinson & Capuano, LLC

Due to the limited facts, it's difficult to give a straight forward answer.

Assuming your friend has not filed a petition to determine paternity or established paternity in another way, he likely has no right to the child and therefore can not just leave his girlfriend and take the child. The ramifications of leaving or filing are more expansive than can be discussed quickly online. I would suggest your friend contact a lawyer.

This is NOT LEGAL ADVICE. It is intended for informational purposes only and should not be relied on to make any legal or medical or other major decisions. If you have any specific questions or inquiries regarding any of this information, you should consult with an attorney licensed in your state.

Cary Levinson, Esq.

Levinson & Capuano, LLC

(954) 703-2110

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 5/23/11, 2:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida