Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

My ex husband says he is going to file for full custody of our 4 year old daughter, the day after I told him I filed for child support. He has relocated 2 hours away and our daughter is now making the round trip every weekend. Now my daughter tells me that his girlfrind spanked her for playing in her closet and her father yelled at the girlfriend not to do. She then started to throw things. He does not have his own place, he lives with his girlfriend in a one bedroom condo. They make my daughter sleep in bed with them. Can I have the visitation modified so my daughter doesnt have to take the long trip every weekend? What can I do about keeping her safe from the girlfriend?

Asked on 6/28/12, 4:55 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

You will need to hire a lawyer. It is all up to the judge. You can present the facts and the proof and the judge decides.

Read more
Answered on 6/28/12, 5:21 pm

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

I would certainly file for a modification of visitation and also include no exposure to paramours. I don't think that this is good for the child of this age. Also the parent that moved needs to be brought back in within a 50 mile radius. Car travel at this age is difficult for a 4 year old.

Read more
Answered on 6/29/12, 7:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida