Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

My husband had to sign away parental rights 7 or 8 years ago. With the agreement he could still be in his sons life, he signed them over and the moms new husband adopted him. We haven't been able to see him since. Is there any way to get his parental rights back?

Asked on 5/29/15, 6:25 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

More information is needed. Contact a local Attorney to discuss the case. If parental rights were not terminated then yes you have a chance.

Read more
Answered on 5/29/15, 7:26 am
Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

Was the agreement in writing that he could still be in the child's life . If not, then you would have to fight the court and prove that the intention for remaining in the child's life was a part of the termination of rights.

Read more
Answered on 5/29/15, 9:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida