Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Permanent alimony that is modifiable & discovered after settlement agreement based on fraudulent financial filed of husband in 23 year marriage where wife was homemaker & husband vp of investment firm is in poverty level & as well below the standing of living established during the marriage.

Obviously needing to represent myself pro-se logically to present the fraudulent financial filed along with the tax return filed late with an extension after settlement agreement logically to me seems like clear evidence that fraud was committed to the court which consequently left the wife clearly in poverty & without a car, health ins. for the 1st time in her life. More importantly without the financial means to obtain an attorney as they all want $5000 retainers despite the $400k income of husband.

Asked on 10/27/13, 1:46 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Elliot Goldstein Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein

When were you divorced?

If there was clear and material fraud in the former husband's financial affidavit, you should be able to find counsel willing to undertake representation for considerably less than $5,000.00, especially with your ex's substantial income.

Depending upon the specifics of each case, I often offer substantially reduced retainers, especially when the other party has significantly stronger financial resources.

Read more
Answered on 10/27/13, 1:59 pm

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

Not sure what you are asking, if you want counsel you have to pay the attorney up front. Make it happen (or not)

Read more
Answered on 10/28/13, 8:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida