Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Power of attorney for sick mother

I need to know how to acquire power of attorney for my mom? She has terminal cancer and I am concerned that my step-father will not have her revived if she starts to code. Also, my siblings and I are paying her bills because my step-dad won't pay her bills. I want power of attorney so that we can handle her finances and personal business for her simply because my step-father is not handling it for her.

Asked on 3/29/06, 8:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law

Re: Power of attorney for sick mother

You should consult with a local attorney about a Living Will, a Durable Healthcare Power of Attorney, as well as possible guardianship issues.

Read more
Answered on 3/30/06, 3:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida