Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I had property with my ex partner, we were both on the deed, mortgage and note. I signed a quit claim deed over to her in July of 2011, she was to re-finance to take my name off the mortgage and note and as of today has not done so. Is there anything I can do to have my name taken off the note and mortgage and what are my rights to the property?


Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Asked on 1/08/12, 3:03 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

the mistake was to quitclaim the deed before she did anything. You might have a breach of contract claim or qa claim for specific performance, but you are in a difficult position.

Read more
Answered on 1/08/12, 7:18 pm
Cory Schnepper Levine, Busch & Schnepper, P.A.

did you have a written contract with her? Since you already transferred the property, you have a difficult road ahead.

Read more
Answered on 1/09/12, 9:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida