Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Relocation with Minor Children

We live in Palm Beach County, Florida. My wife got divorced in Palm Beach County Florida, and has lived there with her children ever since. We simply want to move a few cities north, yet still in Palm Beach County. There is absolutely nothing in her agreement that talks about relocation or any geographic living restrictions at all. Do we need to ask the courts permission to move to a location within the same county?

Asked on 7/22/03, 3:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Annelies Mouring C. Annelies Mouring, Esq.

Re: Relocation with Minor Children

No you don't need to ask permission if there is no restriction in your decree. However, you need to notify your ex-spouse of the address and contact information. If support is paid/received through the state disbursement unit, update your address with them.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/03, 8:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida