Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Florida

The PBA (police union) refused to provide free lawyer to win my husband's appeal.

As a result, he can never have his name cleared or be reinstated in the

field of law enforcement. An elderly female lawyer, (his former PBA lawyer) got nasty with me via emails and vindictively withdrew council, stating flatly

she would not help my husband win the appeal.

Due to the misdemeanor conviction, he will now lose decades of police

salary, and must now start over in a new profession. Before this mess,

he was a stellar law enforcement officer with 12 years of work experience

as a police officer and deputy.

Do we have a strong case? As in, A civil suit against the PBA

and lady lawyer for decades of lost police salary, mental distress to us due to their career-destroying decision not to help my husband win the appeal

and thus regain employment in Law Enforcement. Thank you for your time.

Asked on 7/16/12, 3:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

R. Jason de Groot R. Jason de Groot, P.A.

Your husband needs to seek an attorney who handles these types of cases. Putting a question on this public forum will just not get what is needed. Have him contact a labor lawyer quickly.

Read more
Answered on 8/13/12, 11:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Florida