Legal Question in Health Care Law in Florida

I have a medical conditions which causes me to miss work from time to time...they wrote me up for missing work...even though i'm under doctors' care and, have proof that i'm sick with painful bladder syndrome or also known as it legal for them to do so...when i'm under doctors' care and, he keeps me out of work with a doctors note(which they don't accept) ?

Asked on 5/05/10, 8:28 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Behren Behren Law Firm

You may have a claim under the Florida Civil Rights Act or ADA for discrimination based upon your handicap or disability. You need to speak with an employment lawyer to provide further information about these issues. You can also feel free to call my office if you wish to discuss this matter further. You can also check out my employee rights blog at

Scott Behren

Read more
Answered on 5/11/10, 11:55 am

I agree with Mr. Behren's response. In the meantime, you may want to try to file for FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act). There is a version of the Act that allows for intermittent leaves.

Read more
Answered on 5/11/10, 6:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Health Care Law questions and answers in Florida