Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

Im a american, my girlfriend is colombian, with a 10 year

Visa she is here now, but says shehas toleave by august 4 descretion of immigration, if we were to get married before

Before, how would affevt her departure....and would that

Be bettet (marriage) at a la ter date..thank you

Asked on 5/31/13, 9:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mario Musil The Musil Law Firm

Once a petition for a green card is filed, the applicant can stay here legally until a decision is made. Because the process takes longer than a few months and she is supposed to leave in August, that date is essentially waived and she can stay here - awaiting a response.

There are many other issue that can come up however. I recommend speaking to an attorney before you start the process.

My office provides free initial consultations.

877 706 8745

Read more
Answered on 6/01/13, 8:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida